Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Jewelry Box Swatches!

So I learned I have no patience with swatching AND that I can not for the life of me swatch in anything remotely close to a straight line...yeah. Next time I swatch things I'll be a bit neater, I promise! lol. THESE ARE BETTER THAN NOTHING :D I promise that primer makes all of them way more vivid--especially if you do more than 1 stroke lol. But I wanted you to get the idea of it without primer!


Quickies:
The shimmers are naturally the easiest to work with but they all felt so silky and nice. The first 2 or 3 in the matte were the most difficult but that might be due to my skin tone. The lip glosses were absolutely WONDERFUL. I popped one onto my lips right away and so moisturizing and soft! the color pigmentation was phenomenal! The lips were really difficult to remove lol. I think that is promising to staying power! It actually stained my arm and it looks like I have a rash now...
I used the underside of my arm because it's paler because I'm awesome and unevenly tan like that.


All swatches are 1 stroke.


The shimmers without primer (okay I ran out of space at the end and popped them on the top)

The Mattes! Top row is with primer, bottom row is without primer! Can you  see what I mean about keeping in a straight line? 

Closeup of the matte shadows. I loooooooove the fourth color! SO much.

Another closeup of the matte shadows.

Luminizer, Park Avenue Princess and the lipglosses! Look at how pigmented they are! ONE SWIPE!

The eyeliners! I kept tilting them funny so it is a bit messy. Shimmery black, shimmery olive, shimmery bronzey brown, matte plum and matte black.

After 3 swipes of a makeup remover wipe. Not bad! 

So there you have it! sorry they are messy!! 

3 comments:

  1. i am soooo happy i did NOT get the naked palette cuz i AM getting this - and there's plenty of "nudes" in here!!! i love that blue! and purple! and green! will prob wear those pencils down to stubs! ty ty ty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic kit and a good price for all the product. I totally blame you for the fact that I did not even know of it's existence let alone want it until yesterday evening! Wolf enabler in nicey nice sheep's clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha I absolutely ADORE this palette. I can't wait to start creating looks with it!

    I like to think I'd buy a similar necklace for around $10 at forever 21 (because I'm too cheap to buy it elsewhere if it's costume) and that makes it even better! I'm still blown away by the lip products! I've seen people take the past sets and depot them too but I'm not going to even bother. I really love everything! EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete